Sunday, September 18, 2005
Caramel Popcorn and Lazy Sundays
Carmel Popcorn-the quick and easy way

2 packages microwave popcorn
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons water
3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon

Pop the popcorn. (That’s the easy part)
In small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Then add the water, sugar and cinnamon, increase the heat, and bring it to a boil. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes. (This stuff is hot so be real careful) Pour half over the popcorn and then using big slotted spoons or whatever else you have handy mix it all up then poor the rest and mix again. Very, very Yummy stuff…

So today is my day to cook for the week. Yeah me. I made Lasagna, and then fried onion flowers. (That was a mess) I use tempura batter mixed with soda water to give the batter a light flaky crust. Needless to say it was a big hit for football Sunday. I got the recipe for the onion flowers off Food Network. Great site. I have to say all the recipes I’ve tried there have been good.

They have a recipe for this Italian cheese fondue that I’m dying to try. It’s a bread bowl type thing.

So what is everyone else doing today?

I’ll start work here in another hour or so but I’ve enjoyed my day. I took the dogs for a walk, did a bit of shopping (Old Navy has the coolest Halloween Pajama’s right now) and replenished my candle stock. I love scented candles. They smell great and are wonderful for the writing atmosphere!

Well, it’s almost time to get back to work and I’m on a roll with this book. You have to love it when that happens.


3 Comments:

Blogger Dixie Belle said...

The old couple who used to live in the house where I live now always made caramel popcorn balls for Halloween treats. That was over 40 years ago, but I still remember their popcorn balls.

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, Popcorn balls are great! I still make them for Christmas...laughing. They are so messy though I only make those once a year. It take's that long to get the junk out of the pot once I'm done!

Blogger Lynn said...

uh, never made them

Post a Comment

<< Home