Thursday, September 08, 2005
Long Day...
Well, today has been a long one. I actually made a time management list for myself today to see how I spend my time. Work during the day takes up the majority of it as it should as I'm drawing a paycheck for it. It gets a little muddy in the late afternoon as life takes over.

I fiddled with B&B today changing it from 1st person to 3rd. I wrote the original in first because I needed to get the attitude down. But it's needs to go into third so I can go into Grayson's point of view. He only has one section to Mary Margaret's three so it's a bit lopsided for him but then that is okay. I can see the pattern in it.

I'm now getting ready to go back and work on the synopsis for PNO. I have never written one. It's interesting. I'll probably end up re-writting this puppy three or four times before it makes any kind of sense at all. Right now I'm letting all the words come tumbling out so I can make some sense of them. Get it all in the right order after the first regurgitation. It's a good thing to practice. All writers need to be able to write out their stories like this in a way that it makes some kind of coherent sense. The trick is getting it out of your brain and onto the page. Feels like I'm doing some kind of brain surgery while I'm at it though. My brain can be a dangerous place to be at times...laughing.

Tired tonight as I've had meetings all day. Running mostly all day. This weekend will be fun though. I'm heading down to Lynn's store for a book signing with Angela Knight, a good friend of mine. She is the sweetest thing. Morgan & I told her we wouldn't let her go and sit by herself. At least she'll have some support. Lynn called me to tell me how many of her books they ordered and if it was me I would've choked on my tea. AK took it in stride though like any good Southern woman would. It will be fun. We're doing lunch before hand and I'll get to browse in a bookstore all day and talk to romance readers. That'll be a ton of fun! I love people and am looking forward to driving Lynn nuts all day. That will be worth the drive all by itself. Poor thing needs some comic relief and I'm always glad to provide it.

Okay gotta get back to work and get myself a shower. I feel like I have about two tons of red clay dust in ma boots!


4 Comments:

Blogger Jaynie said...

dude - email me - I've been trying to get hold of you for a week *sob*

Don't you love me anymore?

*pout*

Blogger Lynn said...

Hey, not MY fault my manager is psychotic and tends to do overkill. But you never know though, 75 books may not be that over the top since I try and sell the hell out of her books anyway. (grin) Give me a buzz in the evening since I'll be at the store all day. Can't wait to see y'all!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fun day Michelle *grin*

Nothing like sitting back and watching a Mistress do her thing.

Also do you know how long it's taken me to find you again????

Hugs,
Sheryl

Blogger Michelle said...

Lynn: Tony is cool and a funny guy. You could do worse. Trust me. I've done worse. Lot's worse

Sheryl: Hey Darlin' I'm sorry it took so long to find me. Really I am. Matter of fact I've got to go have some of those Samantha Reynolds links changed. Since that woman hi-jacked my blog. Word to the wise--don't ever delete one of your blogs/or if you do keep the account because someone else can take it and do really weird and strange things with it. Argh!

Post a Comment

<< Home