Tuesday, September 13, 2005
Today was a good day.
Of course the news that Neil Gaiman is actually coming to my little po dunk town is very exciting. He will be doing a reading and also a signing on the same night. Wouldn't you know it is the same day as my first Girlscout meeting? I may have to leave my co-leader a little early after I get them all started on crafts.

I found the most gorgeous yarn today. I don't know if I can explain it. It's black with little nubby orange, red, and yellow things in it. I've started another scarf doubling up on thread. I'm using Fun Fur Black Eyelash with the Autumn confetti. It is coming out great. The other scarves are all done. Finished those last week.

Finally found Suzanne McMinn's first PAX book. I like it. It has a fast pace to it and lot of angst but she has a very nice fluid flow to her words.

I spent the majority of the night brushing up my synop and then blocking out the first three chapters of Project One. Then I went back in and revised the first chapter and gave it the needed focus and emotion needed to sympathize with my main character. He's gonna need it because he's not really a nice guy in the beginning but you can't exactly blame him. He is a product of his envoirnment and he is going to elicit a lot of sympathy from the women. They are going to want to kiss him and make him all better. Don't we all love monsters?

Oh and Lynn! We have got to talk woman. You are going to choke on your cereal when I tell you about this. Honest.

All in all a great day!


2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Oh, Lord, good thing I already ate all my cereal. Now I really am terrified after your post on my blog.

Anyway, oral comps tomorrow and then I can think about whatever it is you have to tell me (or planned).

Hugsies

Blogger Michelle said...

Lynn...you're cool sweetie. Not to worry I can't think about the thing I told you about until after the first of the year so don't sweat it.

Diane: I'm really excited. I'm taking my daughter with me and we had already bought Caroline. It was a bit spooky but she likes to be scared and she told me just the other night that she is glad she's not stuck with the "Other Mother" LOL

Post a Comment

<< Home