Sunday, October 09, 2005
Saturday Oct 9th
Oh boy. Where to start? Well, the war with the ants wages on. The little buggers won't give up. I spray in one place and they appear in another. We've had about six inches of rain in the last two days and I think it's driven them for higher ground or at least dryer ground. I need more bug spray. The old wives tales one isn't working for me. Why do they love cat food? I can't figure this out?

Writing work:
Over five thousand words the last two days and let me tell you I've fought for every one of them. I've been writing in between visiting relatives, killing ants, and working. Anyone who really wants to write can find the time. You just have to be dedicated to it and sacrifice a bit.

Middy scratched the hell out of me today. She was sitting there watching us clean up the ant mess and I came up behind her to pick her up. Evidently I startled her and she leapt out of my arms hell bent for leather. In the process she managed to catch me with her hind paws. (I never clip her back toe nails as I figured she needed them to climb her perch) So now I have this lovely red line across my right hand that burns a bit. She didn't do it on purpose and it was my fault really for scaring her--cats are such jumpy things.

I got to sleep in today until ten o'clock. This never happens. I was up late working last night so the luxury of sleeping in that late put a rosy glow over everything today.

I have family visiting from Utah. They are fantastic and so much fun. We've spent the last few days running back and forth from home to their house. They are wanting to take a trip into the mountains tomorrow but I'm not sure I'm going to make that one. I have so much to do here with writing and everyday chores that I'm not sure I can make it happen.

Anyway, what is everyone else doing? Hmmm??? I re-posted some older vids I did over at gb.net that people had been requesting so hopefully they are happy. Oh, and Patti is giving me permission to post a pic of her and Gerry that I love on my blog. She is such a sweetheart. This picture is worth a thousand words. You can tell people how nice an actor is but when you can show them it means a whole lot more. I'll post it after I'm done here.

Happy Saturday folks...


3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I emailed you a link to a video. Did you get it? And if you've got any suggestions for the ants I'll take them.

Blogger fin said...

I didn't know ants could swim...until I saw my cat's water dish.

Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Fin, thanks for posting. I swear ants are nearly indestructible. Now I know why people pour gasoline over their mounds and set them on fire. I hate these suckers? What could God have been thinking? Hmmm...Well, I guess as they are scavengers something needs to get rid of dead bodies eh?

Just went and checked out your peacock post on your blog. Nice.
Thanks for dropping by.

Post a Comment

<< Home