Saturday, October 01, 2005
Apple Festivals, Writing, and butt in chair
To write well, you have to be disciplined and write every day. I'm happy to report that I've been doing that. I'm not updating the word meters but I do have my own deadlines that I am trying to make and this system is working well for me.

I've been revising a short story I did for my father last year. I had to laugh when I went back and start working on it. Amazing how much you can learn in a year. Some errors are so obvious. I'd like to have it polished up by January to send it off in the Spring. I think I've actually got a market for it.

Have another piece that I have been working on that is moving very well. It's not a long piece by any means, but I love the character in this story. He's so lawfully evil. LOL.

Then the third project I'm working on is the one for my daughter. This is coming along nicely.

Overall I've been trying to keep track of my writing time and how much time I spend on each piece per day. From my data I'm working roughly two hours a day on new words and then about another two off and on working on blocks, character sheets, and actual story craft. Four hours a day for seven days a week. Not bad for someone who works full time (and now has to go into the office for five hours a day. I'm hoping this doesn't last--it makes it very hard to keep track of my normal duties and now I have to do this other work on top of that. Ugh!) So all writing time has been relegated to evening hours at this point.

Who needs television anyway right?
I really miss Smallville...LOL

Edited to add: Went to an apple festival today. I had never been to one. How much fun!!! Next weekend I think I'm going to load up hubby and the little one and go pick some fresh apples. 14.00 a bushel isn't a bad price I don't think and we still have fresh peaches. Wow. I thought they were all gone by this time of year.


2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

You are definitely an inspiration and make me feel like I am such a slacker. lol But now I KNOW for sure that you will need a break soon. ;o)

Blogger Michelle said...

*snark*
Me? Take a break? Well, I'm still trying to deal with the yarn debacle and still trying to clean up the broken pet dishes Middy knocked off her perch at 2:00 o'clock in the morning.

*sigh*
Cats...

Post a Comment

<< Home