Tuesday, October 04, 2005
Why cats and yarn don't mix
I love to knit and to crochet. The doing of something so mundane that I don’t really have to think about it helps clear my mind. Knit one, pearl two, chain one, double crochet, around around and around we go.

Now Midnight (my adorable little kitten who is not so little anymore) loves yarn. Yes, yes, go ahead and shake your head we all know cats love yarn. This I know. However, last night I forgot to put my case of yarn away. I love fun furr, which is a type of crazy yarn. It’s comes in all kinds of variegated colors and fuzzy lengths. (Middy likes them too.) I have to kind of give you a lay out of my down stairs to describe what the little minx did. My downstairs is very open and a big square. So literally you can walk in one big circle from the foyer to the den to the kitchen back to the foyer with rooms leading off from this little circle. The stairs leading to the second story are in the foyer.

So what did I see when I woke up this morning, came stumbling down the stairs, eyes only half open? Every single skein of yarn I own had been taken from its plastic container, unraveled and wrapped as many times as possible around the square that makes up my down stairs.

It had to take hours to do that kind of destruction.

I should have taken a picture but my batteries were dead. If you don’t see or hear from me for a while you can find me underneath the two tons of yarn I’m trying to roll back into little balls.


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Now that, Joan, is a scary thought. Don't give her any ideas. She reads this blog you know...lol

Blogger Lynn said...

(giggle) (snort)

Post a Comment

<< Home