Thursday, October 06, 2005
The ants are back
I hate these suckers. They do not give up. I stand prepared with my bug spray at the ready. It's been a crazy week. I've had to go into the office everyday except today. Five hours away from the house has totally screwed up my mojo.

But I have managed to write new words everyday. My ADD hurts me a bit because I get bored so easily. All of these stories are going to be done at the same time. It's weird. Laughing.

I'm also writing something so funny. I won't go into a lot of detail here but I giggled as I wrote it. It's every bad thing you're not supposed to do. (except for the writing of course) It will probably never see publication. *snort* But it's so funny that I have to laugh. I've borrowed a face and a personality, but I'm trying not to make it sooooo obvious. A little mystery is a good thing. It makes me laugh.

My other vampire story is really coming along well. I've been doing character sheets on this guy and this woman. It's gotten deeper than I expected it to. I can go one of two ways for the ending. If I chose the way I really want it to go--then it is not a romance but almost a tragedy. I love tragedies. I like to cry sometimes. I think everyone needs to cry at some point but there has to be a lesson learned. A growth of some sort or a moral. That is what sticks with you from those kinds of stories. Like with Romeo and Juliet, the moral is that you can cling to a grudge or a difference between families to the point where in the end everyone loses. That is a lesson story to me. There are lots of those out there. So the trick is which way do I want to go? I may write it both ways and see which one I like the best.


7 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

The tragedy may very well not have a specific lesson because it may be unique for each person who reads it. Just look at R&J. . .that's not the lesson I got from it though I see how you do. My vote? I want the tragic end.

As a side note. . .the thing making you laugh hysterically wouldn't happen to be what you read me the other night, would it? My students are amused.

Blogger Michelle said...

You told your students? egads woman! What am I going to do with you huh? *snorting and spewing my drink* You are correct of course

Blogger Lynn said...

Don't worry, didn't tell them TOO much. Just enough for them to confirm that we are insane. hee hee

Blogger Lynn said...

PS glad I am an endless source of amusement

Blogger Shesawriter said...

Sorry, I'm sucker for a happy ending. These days, there's so much negativity in the world, I want to smile when I close a book. Okay, so I'm no help, right? LOL!

Tanya

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh wow, now you guys are making me feel bad about my vampy guy. Happy, happy, happy huh? Crap.

Blogger Lynn said...

HUn, if it's the vamp/girl story you were telling me about. . .we have already discussed the ending. . .so there.

Post a Comment

<< Home