Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Sunday's at Miz Mac's
That is what my Aunt Maxine called my Grandmother. Miz Mac. It was a shortened version of our last name of course. Every Sunday, all her children piled up in the car with their kids and headed over to Marietta Street. I think every birthday up until the time I was eight was held in that back yard. And we were a crew. Four children, eleven grandchildren at the time.

I still have very vivid memories of my Grandmother all dolled up in her Sunday best with an apron on over her clothes finishing Sunday dinner. We would always eat outside, well the children anyway. She made the best pepper beef I've ever tasted.

My grandfather was a card. Well, with a name like Lucius what would you expect. He'd totally lost all his hair early in his young adult life in a bout of Scarlet Fever. I remember his laugh, and his twinkling blue eyes. He lived his life to the very fullest every day of his life.

Wow...I'm really taking a trip down memory lane today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home