Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Strong Southern Women
There are people in this world who are angels. I truly believe this. Mrs. Mrytle Martin was one of them. She took care of my mother and I for a long long time when my parents divorced. She is the only woman who ever washed my mouth out with soap and she is also the one who put me in her front parlor and took care of me when I had the chicken pox. She is the one who spanked my hand with a ruler when I got out of line. She was a member of our Church and one of my first teachers. (Pre-school) She took care of my mother when she got so sick with the flu she couldn't even lift her head off the pillow. Where would we have been without her? I honestly don't know. I believe that she was sent to us in a great time of need to offer warm arms of comfort. This is a picture of Miz Martin and I on my graduation from kindergarden. Amazing how time flies isn't it? Miz Martin has passed on but I find myself wondering about her and her daughter. I'm thankful she was in my life.


2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wanna know the reason I got my mouth washed out with soap? Well, first of all because when you are eight you think you are so smart. I started singing..."Who put the turtle in Mrytle's gridle..." Yep, she fixed me that time. I didn't ever say that again! Laughing. One time is enough having your mouth washed out with dove soap.

Blogger Michelle said...

What on earth are you doing up at this time of the morning? Heavens to mergatroid! You gonna haf ta hav a nap today!

Post a Comment

<< Home