Monday, August 29, 2005
The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
What a wonderful Young Adult book by Ms. Annette Curtis Klause. Lynn brought me this book for my birthday. I had never read it. It touches on some very heart sore subjects. A young girl about to lose her Mother, feeling left out, her best friend moves away and she falls in love with a young vampire. Well, he died young anyway. I love the simple prose of this book. The very simplicity of it is what makes it such a great read. It's full of emotion. Did I say I love the prose? I read some reviews on Amazon where they said that they felt the language was dated. I don't know that I agree with that. It's written without said "lingo" so to speak and I think this is what will make this timeless. There is something to be said for not using lingo in a book. When my daughter gets a bit older I'll let her read this one. I'm starting get a nice collection of Young Adults books in my library. next up is "The Dark is Rising" series. I can't wait!
*grin*

Miss Maddie I hope you are not floating away and that you still have electricity. Stafe safe from that storm you hear me?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home