Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Whistling Dixie
Meet Whistling Dixie. This is the newest addition to my family. Bless her heart she is afraid of her own shadow. Slowly but surely she is coming out of it though.

She is a rescue.

There was a woman on the side of the road on Monday and I stopped. Don't know why I stopped but it felt like my car took over and pulled onto the shoulder of the road. (Hey, it happens) Anyway when I started talking to the woman she told me that this was her last ditch effort to find these puppies a home. A man had dropped them off at her house because he couldn't keep them any longer and so she was going to take them to the SPCA. Now, this is a problem. We have a lot of animals from Katrina at our SPCA so I knew what they would do. The puppies are two months old. They would have put her down. I'm hoping she found good homes for the rest of the dogs.

I already had two dogs and a cat. Small little lap dogs, one eight pounds and the other twelve pounds. Dixie is going to be at least sixty pounds. She is a Black lab/Golden Retriever mix. When I picked her up and held her in my arms she gave me the look. The one that says please take me home. When she snuggled in at my neck, I was a goner.

My poor house...LOL


4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sorry sweetie. I knew I had updated the links but I had done it on Michelle's Crazy Ramblings but not on this one. All fixed up now. *grin*

I'm so bad where animals are concerned. They have no say, have no voice are only permitted to go where we lead or allow. So if I had the room heavens only knows the brood I would have.
Hugs darlin'

Blogger Michelle said...

P.S. Can you see Middy in the back ground on her perch? I swear that cat has no brains what so ever. I had to put Dixie in her kennel and darn if that cat didn't just harass the crap out of her. Sticking her paws in the kennel and batting at her. This dog is a Saint I swear!

Blogger Lynn said...

Awwww. . .how cute. Heck, if Shaman wouldn't have a real conniption and I had time to properly care for a dog, I would get one. You're so sweet!

Blogger Shesawriter said...

God bless your heart, Michelle! You're such a dear. :-) You're going to make those dogs very happy.

Hugs,

Tanya

Post a Comment

<< Home