Monday, August 22, 2005
I had company today...
My friend Lynn drove up to see me. You can check her blog called the Rythwynn Chronicles on the side bar. She needed to unwind as she is in the middle of comps and teaching her college students. Lynn is a kindred spirit, and she understands how my mind works which is a really interesting thing in and of itself. She and Earl had some interesting discussion which proved how much of a red neck he is! Hey, he admits it!

Well, Lynn came up for my birthday. She lives about an hour an a half away from me, so I thought this was real sweet of her to come up on her day off. And she came bearing gifts. You have to love friends that work at bookstores. Here's what she brought me.

Lord of Desire by Paula Quinn (Historical Romance)
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova (Historical Fantasy)
Tithe by Holly Black (Young Adult Fantasy)
Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper (The Dark is Rising Sequence) Teen Fantasy
The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause (Young Adult Paranormal) Vampires
A free Exclusive Dark-Hunter Collectible Booklet from Sherrilyn Kenyon
Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell (Author of Sex and City)

And two Angel Magazines...These are the coolest by far! OMG! Maddie is going to pass out when I send her some of the things in these mags!!!!

She also got me this gag gift! *snorting* and no Lynn I'm not posting the book title on my blog. Let us suffice it to say that I will know more about the anatonmy of man than I ever wanted to know down to technique!!! Earl got a real big quick out of that one. He went running in the other direction when he saw it.

We ended up watching Vanity Fair. Neither of us had seen it. I had never read the book and surprisingly neither had Lynn. So I was quite surprised by the twists in this story. It certainly did not go as I thought it would. Quite the twist at the end. Somehow I've ended up with two copies of this movie. (My ADD tendencies at work again. Obviously I had forgotten I had bought a copy)

Lynn got homesick for London. She lived in London for a year. She went over to study and is now trying to talk me into going. She says she can show me all of the old haunts and she was involved with a theatre group there. How cool is that? She also lived in France for a year and taught. She speaks fluent French so I didn't need subtitles. *laughing* I had my own interpreter. I guess being a theatre major for a while hasn't hurt her any.

We had Chinese for lunch and she ended up playing with Middy. Middy loves Lynn. My daughter ended up giving her some of the hair bow fun fur scrunchies we have made.

All in all it was a good day. Thanks Lynn!!! We enjoyed having you!

Then I ended up writing about 650 words on SSPA. Not bad for one night. *grin*
And my house is clean!!!! That is a miracle!


1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Thanks, Michelle, you know I had lots of fun too. Oh, and I wouldn't say that I am fluent in French. lol But I could get us around pretty well if we wanted to pop over to Paris from London when we go. See. . .not IF, when. (hee hee) I could just see you, me, and my little sis/friend, Val, running around London. Would be too much fun.

Sorry to all who went to look at the blog and found time gaps. As Maddie said, difficult time trying to juggle it all. But I did pass the written part of my comps. Now for the orals.

Oh, and I'll post the name of the book. You know I'm not shy. I'll update tonight.

Post a Comment

<< Home