Tuesday, August 23, 2005
School is starting
I'm not ready. I have so enjoyed having my daughter home with me this summer that I'm not ready for her to go back to school. I'm not ready for homework and projects that take weeks. Lunches and uniforms and all that jazz. She's ready. She's had a great summer. But not me. No, I'm not ready.

We had meet the teacher day yesterday. Then we had tutoring. Then last night we had the open house for the parents. In between all that I worked at the day job. Then last night I only ended up doing about 477 words. Not a good day for writing. Today I have to make all that up. I'll be finishing a section for the SSPA this morning. It's my goal. Then I'll have yesterdays work to catch up on for Project Numero Uno. So today is going to be a busy day.

Today started VERY early for me. I am not a morning person and when school starts I am very sluggish. I've been good this year though because I started going to bed earlier last week. It doesn't take long to get my body back in sync. So now I'm ready to pass out at 11:00 instead of my normal one or two in the morning. This means I have to be much better with my time management. So I'm off to do my work for the day. Day job work and my personal work and get all caught up. Weee! I even have a "To Do" list for the day. Yeah me!

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS LYNN who passed her comps and now gets to go onto the Dissertation stage after she completes her orals. Me thinks Lynn is going to be a busy girl here for the next little bit! But Congrat's on getting past another milestone! I'm proud of you!


1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Thank you, honey! I'm not ABD quite yet. I have to pass the oral defense of my comps first. Yippee Skippee. Oh, and Maddie said something below about approval for the diss topic. . .have had that for eons. Just need to do the prospectus to get it official. I kind of did things a little backwards. lol Gee, why is that not surprising. Well, gotta run and torture my students. mwhahaha

Post a Comment

<< Home