Monday, August 20, 2007
The Birthday Weekend...


Heavens! I've just finished for the night. I have only to make a few minor adjustments to Chapter five and Six and I'll have everything set back to rights. Whew! I've been working and looking at my plot board this afternoon and in my revisions I'd moved one scene and sequel in the wrong place which gave away entirely too much information. I've fixed that and believe I can continue piecing this puppy together again. I've had to add a good bit as I go along to tie things together. I doubt that I'll ever write another story quite this way again. LOL. It's too hard to piece together and I seem to fight the need daily to re-write the entire thing. (Personality flaw on my part. I would revise until forever if it were up to me. But I can't so I won't.)

Friday I went to go see "Becoming Jane" and I have to agree with Maude...James MacAvoy...Oh my what a sexy charming beast. Laughing. Maybe it has something to do with Scotland that makes them so entirely irresistible across the pond. They were both [Anne Hathaway & James MacAvoy]wonderful really in the film and the girls loved it. I took three 12 year olds with me. They giggled in all the right places.

Saturday we had another little show up at the barn for my daughter where she was voted roll back queen. What a title eh? All I know is that she ran her horse as fast as they could go and then they slammed on the brakes and went in the opposite direction all in one move. She loves to scare me half to death daily. After that we went to my friend Anne Marie's where she fixed me dinner and we had peach schnops (sp?) and and lovely red wine with dinner. (French onion soup, baked chicken, cole slaw, potato salad, regular salad, and cake)

And today, my birthday, or at the writing of this email it is now not my birthday anymore. LOL. Well, I didn't do much of anything but watch movies in the morning. Let's see we watched "She's the Man" twice, "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Step Up" my daughter and I ate popcorn for breakfast and drank cola all day. Then this evening I came in and started working on my story since I hadn't worked on it on Saturday.

Which leaves us til tonight. So all in all I had a great birthday weekend and feel like I was still able to be productive.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Labels: , ,



6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy, happy, belated birthday to you. Sounds like you have a lovely day. Hugs.

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks, Bonita! I had a lovely weekend.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you have a pretty cake!?

Post it if you did. Love, Janie

Blogger Bri said...

Happy Birthday! This is my first time here - though I think I found you through Maude. Happy to make your acquaintance! I also struggle not to revise my entire story - almost every day :D

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and I hope the writing continues to go well!

Blogger Sil said...

Happy belated birthday. I'm new here on Blogger. Saw you had some same interest like Mists of Avalon and Within Temptation.
Good luck with your writing. I'm gonna read a bit further here ;-)
Love, Sil

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Bri and Sil!
for the happy birthday wishes!

Please stop by and say hello again anytime!
Michelle

Post a Comment

<< Home