Wednesday, November 29, 2006
My Study is Clean...I know it's heart attack time

Now I cannot find anything. *sigh*
Well, let's see I lost my keys the day before Thanksgiving and they haven't turned up yet.
I lost my earrings that I dearly love (cannot find them anywhere either)
and my one good black shoe. Yep I did check outside to see if the two knotheads had taken off with my shoe, but no black shoes in the great outdoors. Not that I wouldn't put it past them mind you.

Let's see, I did clean my study. I was hoping to find my car keys but that didn't happen. I'm beginning to think that being absentminded is a writerly thing. We forget all sorts of things, especially bills which we never remember to pay until we are threatened that things are going to quite working. Like the water, or your cell phone or God Forbid the ELECTRICITY. (Almost happened to me recently)Saved in the nick of time. It's horrible really because it's not like I don't have the money. I do. I just forget to pay the bill or forget to put a stamp on it and walk it to the mailbox. How many times have I walked around with bills to be mailed for weeks. I need a book keeper which is funny because I do books for a living and I have no problem at work, it's the home thing that gets me. Maybe that is why I forget at home, I'm rebelling. That is definately a possibility.

Anyway I can now see my floors. Hey, there is brown carpet in here? Well, it's either brown because it is brown or it's brown because it's dirty. I'm not sure which at this point but I think it was brown when I bought the house.

I wouldn't exactly say I went through anything (the stacks of paper and books everywhere) but I did stack it neatly in boxes, on the floor, at the perimeter of the room. So it looks neater when in reality I'm a very good pack rat.

Now I'll never be able to find anything...LOL


3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I don't know Janie. I can't find anything. LOL. I'm backing up files this morning. It's that time.
If I could find my camera I would take pictures, but I can't find that either. LOL.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You came to visit me, so I had to come visit you, and I'm so glad I did. We sound a lot alike. I'm so glad absentmindedness is a writerly trait. I thought I was gettting senile.

I have a friend named Janie, too. And a friend named Romulus who's a ghost hunter. You're interested in Tarot cards. I used to read them. I have them floating throughout my novel. You're from the South. I'm from the South. Have you ever noticed that the South is the only region of the country that gets capitalized? It'never the North or the West or the East. We're so worth it.

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Southern Writer!
So glad you stopped by. I loved looking at all your pictures today. Your sister does look a lot like Diane ????. (Is that the right actress? I think she's a Diane something or another)

About the Tarrot Book in my sidebar. I guess I'm going to have to own up to that one a bit, I have a story in that book. The only one I have in actual print...LOL

But yes Southern should always be capitalized. I'm a horrible speller as Janie and others will tell you and I'm not very good at proof reading on my blog either. I do it for fun and I figure if you have half a brain you know what I'm talking about it. Serious writing, like a story, well, I'm much more careful then. Paranoid even. Not being able to spell is my static trait. Don't you think it is apprapo for a writer? *snort* *giggle* I'm so bad.

I'm so glad you stopped by. Please feel free to come back and jump into the fray. The more the merrier and I'll update links so I can come back to your blog as well. I loved all your pictures!

Post a Comment

<< Home