Tuesday, July 25, 2006
I'm Better but Revisions are hell

I just needed to get that off my chest a bit. I've re-written this piece eight times already and I'm still not happy with it. It's not emotional enough, and it's not quite right and I'm quite aggitated with why I cannot seem to get my arms around it, or rather force my fingers to get the right words on paper that will illustrate, through words, what I see in my brain. (I do believe that was a run on sentence just now. Ah well it feels like the rest of me at the moment.)

I am better. Finally off all meds for the illness, thank the heavens. So that is good.

Picked up a book today while at Books a Million. I'm already through Chapter Six and it is sooooo good. I love young adult works. They have so much more meat in them. The book is called The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling and I have to tell you if you haven't read it--you should. It has all the things I so dearly love. Faeries, mystery, Faeries, a well crafted story and well Faeries. LOL and lots of interesting details about Ireland. I've included a picture for you. The book is so good that I went and found the author's blog and left her a comment. Not something I normally do.

So I'm taking a break from revisions and that bloody crazy N man and reading for a bit. Afraid I'll gobble this story up so fast that I won't be sleeping tonight...LOL


6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Bonita,
You have to read this!!! I finished it tonight. I couldn't put it down. Once you get through the first page you're done. Kaput! This author has you hook, link and sinker. Probably the best book I've read all year. It reminds me a bit in tone of the China Garden but better. I'm glad I bought the second in the series today because I just knew, sometimes that happens to me that this book was going to be good, it sang to me right there from the shelves saying pick me, pick me, you won't regret it! LOL
And I haven't. But now I'm a bit sad because I've read it but I think I can read it again, and perhaps again.

Blogger Michelle said...

P.S. As a librarian it is your duty to have at least ten copies of this book on your shelves Bonita! Seriously. It was that good.

Blogger Michelle said...

We'll see Bonita! LOL!
Maybe if I hold my mouth just right and all the stars are aligned I'm might get some stuff done! LOL

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this book.

Blogger Michelle said...

I loved this book, Janie. Truly loved it. Have you read it yet?

Blogger Lynn said...

Boo! I am kind of back. Will give you a ring as soon as I get a chance to breathe from the move. Miss you bunches. And thanks for the book recommendation. . .I have a customer who's always on the lookout for a good fairy story. Hugsies!!

Post a Comment

<< Home