Saturday, April 28, 2007
Death by Firetruck???

If writing is hard, there are times that life is harder. I found myself thankful this week that I’m even here to talk about it. Yes, the heading is correct and I almost got creamed by a very large, very red fire truck.
But instead of hitting the fire truck I hit the white Chevy pick up truck beside me (to the right)doing a total of over 7,000.00 in damage to my car.
I was lucky to walk away. My daughter was lucky to walk away. It could have been so much worse.

It’s tough to make those kinds of decisions. Either hit a firetruck who is barreling through an intersection where they have a red light and cannot see me due to trucks in a turning lane or knowingly hit the guy beside me. At least the Chevy pick up and I were going in the same direction when we hit the light. The fire truck ended up having to do a sharp left to avoid hitting us.

Tough day.

But I’m thankful. The guy that I hit was very nice. The police officer was very nice, even if he did give me the citation, and the guy who towed my car away was nice.

Me? I had to go home and go to bed. It totally stressed me out on top of everything else that is going on and due to the stress I ended up getting sick.

Argh!

But I’m here and I did write 2000 words this week! Can you believe it? I can’t. But I did it.

But I'm not real keen on Fire trucks right now!

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new site design! I hope you are not to achy and sore today. Thank goodness you and your daughter are alright. HUGS

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Bonita,
I like it too. I needed a new look, I was tired of the black black black. It was depressing me. LOL. How are you? How are the kids? The little one?
Hugs,
Michelle

Blogger Unknown said...

Unfortunately for Chip and me, Bree and Alyssa are back home. However at the end of May, Chip and I will be in North Carolina to visit. We will be changing planes in Charlotte, so I will be thinking about you. We miss them, but they are doing great and it is so good to have Bree's hubby home safe and sound. Check out the blog for undated pictures of Alyssa. She is already 20 months old.

Blogger Michelle said...

Bonita! *sigh* I'm so going to miss getting to meet you when you change plans in Charlotte. You guys have a really safe trip!

Post a Comment

<< Home